From Finnish authorities

  • Passport
  • Alien's passport or travelling documentation for refugees, if the owner of the documents has been identified in a reliable way.
  • ID-card, also foreign, issued after 1st of March 1999. Temporary id-cards are not accepted. 
  • Driver´s licence issued after 1st of October 1990. Temporary drivers´ licences are not accepted, nor licences that have details transferred from a foreign driver licence. 

From foreign authorities

  • Passport (Alien´s passports not accepted)
  • Id documents issued within the EU- and EES-area*, and in Switzerland. The ID document must:
    • be approved for travels
    • be a photo ID
    • be valid
    • have a chip, hologram and other security details

EU- and EES countries

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.