Accepted identification documents
When you use our services we always ask for your valid identification. Here are the different types of identification that we accept. Please note that your ID documents need to be valid and in good condition for us to accept them.
From Finnish authorities
- Alien's passport or travelling documentation for refugees, if the owner of the documents has been idenified in a reliable way.
- ID-card, also foreign, issued after 1st of March 1999. Temporary id-cards ar not accepted.
- Drivers licence issued after 1st of October 1990. Temporary or replaced drivers licences are not accepted.
From foreign authorities
- Passport (Alien´s passports not accepted)
- Id documents issued within the EU- and EES-area*, and in Switzerland. The ID document must:
- be approved for travels
- be a photo ID
- be valid
- have a chip, hologram and other security details
EU- and EES countries
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Great Britain (including Nortern Ireland and Gibraltar), Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.